Exide Energy Private Limited (“EEPL”) (formerly known as Exide Leclanche Energy Private Limited) was incorporated on 29th September 2018 as a Joint Venture company with Exide Industries Limited (EIL) & Leclanche SA (LSA), Switzerland to carry on the business of developing and manufacturing Li-ion based modules and packs with Battery Management System for e-mobility (EV) as well as stationary power application. The CIN of EEPL is U74999WB2018PTC259348 and its registered office is situated at – Exide House, 59E Chowringhee Road, Kolkata 700020, West Bengal". The manufacturing facility is one of the best in Industry and equipped with state of art, automated and robotized equipment at Prantij, Gujarat.
Upon exit of LSA as a JV partner of EEPL with effect from 4th November 2022, it has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Exide Industries Limited. Consequently the name of the Company was changed from Exide Leclanche Energy Private Limited to Exide Energy Private Limited w.e.f. 4th January 2023.
- Pan India manufecturing facility with significant capacity
- 100+ yrs. of assembly & mfg. (est. 1920)
- 9 Manufacturing plants
- 50+ countries as export destinations
- 20,000+ Employees
- 60+ R & D members comprising engineering graduates and PhDs in Science & Technology
- 57Mn Auto battery capacity
- 57BnAh industrial battery capacity
- 48,000+ Dealers
- Unparalleled service network
Nexcharge is a brand of Exide Energy Private Limited with a vision to fast-track the world's transformation towards sustainable energy solutions by developing technologies that increase the amount of renewable energy, helping reduce India's reliance on fossil fuels.
We aim to become the leading supplier of E-transport solutions that will power the electrification of transport in the form of efficient and reliable energy storage solutions. We also aim to cater to the diverse segments of Industry & Utility markets with state-of-the-art products and end-to-end solutions made available through Li-ion batteries of different chemistry viz. NMC, LFP, LTO etc.
To fulfil its mission, Nexcharge has built India's largest factory equipped with fully automated assembly lines of li-ion battery packs, modules (Pouch/ Prismatic/ Cylindrical) and cell testing labs at Prantij, Sabarkantha, Gujarat.
Nexcharge is also supported by a state-of-the-art, in-house R&D facility in Bangalore. A well-resourced team of engineers works to design battery packs as per the customer's requirements and offers high quality products at competitive prices.
We fast-track the world's transformation towards sustainable energy solutions
- We employ all our talents to offer maximum product & service quality
- We are passionate about our job and invest vigorously in our capabilities
- Our solutions increase our customers productivity and ROI
- We work efficiently to maximize our value at minimal cost Reliable
- The reliability of our customer solutions is very important to us
- Ethical business methods are embedded in our daily conduct
- We care for the development of our employees, select our partners strategically, engage with society and create shareholder value